Jockey Eric Camacho was in Louisville April 23 to work Cloverleaf Farm's Bsharpsonata, from the Tim Salzman stable, one of the favorites in the May 2 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. The daughter of Pulpit was sharp in her five-furlong breeze, stopping the clock in :59.80, the third fastest drill of the morning at the famed Kentucky oval.
Riding only his fourth mount in the United States, 21-year-old jockey Filiberto Camacho scored his first American victory in Gulfstream Park's eighth race Thursday aboard G.J. Stable's The Truth Detector.
Laurel Park's 15-week winter meet ended Sunday with jockey Eric Camacho, trainer Kenny Cox, and owner Michael Gill winning individual titles.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks