Jockey Eric Camacho was in Louisville April 23 to work Cloverleaf Farm's Bsharpsonata, from the Tim Salzman stable, one of the favorites in the May 2 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. The daughter of Pulpit was sharp in her five-furlong breeze, stopping the clock in :59.80, the third fastest drill of the morning at the famed Kentucky oval.
Riding only his fourth mount in the United States, 21-year-old jockey Filiberto Camacho scored his first American victory in Gulfstream Park's eighth race Thursday aboard G.J. Stable's The Truth Detector.
Laurel Park's 15-week winter meet ended Sunday with jockey Eric Camacho, trainer Kenny Cox, and owner Michael Gill winning individual titles.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Able Friend Wins Champions Mile in Easy Romp
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'