A new facility featuring Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing is expected to open in 2014 near Calgary, Alberta, the partners in the project announced Dec. 4.
By Dan Kenny - Dwayne Hayworth had convinced his boss that young horses could be brought to racing fitness with a regimen that included truck training. Four horses at a time were tethered to a vehicle and exercised at controlled speed by the driver. It's a bit like a coach-and-four, with an SUV instead of a coach.
Horse Racing Alberta on Friday offered a 10-year racetrack license extension to Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta. The extension takes effect Jan. 1, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam