A new facility featuring Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing is expected to open in 2014 near Calgary, Alberta, the partners in the project announced Dec. 4.
By Dan Kenny - Dwayne Hayworth had convinced his boss that young horses could be brought to racing fitness with a regimen that included truck training. Four horses at a time were tethered to a vehicle and exercised at controlled speed by the driver. It's a bit like a coach-and-four, with an SUV instead of a coach.
Horse Racing Alberta on Friday offered a 10-year racetrack license extension to Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta. The extension takes effect Jan. 1, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College