A new facility featuring Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing is expected to open in 2014 near Calgary, Alberta, the partners in the project announced Dec. 4.
By Dan Kenny - Dwayne Hayworth had convinced his boss that young horses could be brought to racing fitness with a regimen that included truck training. Four horses at a time were tethered to a vehicle and exercised at controlled speed by the driver. It's a bit like a coach-and-four, with an SUV instead of a coach.
Horse Racing Alberta on Friday offered a 10-year racetrack license extension to Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta. The extension takes effect Jan. 1, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch