The maiden Harlene, sent off at odds of 33-1, picked a good spot to break through with his first win in seven starts, winning the $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief by a neck at Hollywood Park April 27. The Snow Chief was the most lucrative stakes on the $1.3 million Gold Rush program
Mr. Wolverine spoiled the return of California star Lava Man in the $150,000 TVG Khaled Stakes April 27, getting control at the eighth pole and ambling to a 1 3/4-length victory at Hollywood Park.
The return of three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man and a 13-horse field in the richest event of the day, the $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief Stakes, highlights the $1.3-million Cal National Gold Rush program at Hollywood Park April 27.
Three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man, recently reunited with his favorite groom, Noe Garcia, seems back to being his old self, trainer Doug O'Neill says. The 7-year-old is due to return to competition April 27 at Hollywood Park.
Lava Man and Moscow Burning, the two most recent horses of the year in the Golden State, are among a deep cast of state-breds competing in the Cal National Gold Rush on Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) and Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner Lava Man is expected to be among the starters for trainer Doug O'Neill on the Cal National Gold Rush program April 30 at Hollywood Park.
Thor's Echo and Texcess, 3-year-olds distinguished by lucrative victories, head 12 entrants in Sunday's $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief Stakes at 1 1/16 miles, the highlight of Hollywood Park's $1.3 million Gold Rush for California breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Horsemen's Track and Equipment Offers Scholarship
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF