Santa Margarita, Azeri, Rebel, Inside Information, George Ryder, Golden Slipper, Ambitious Dragon Handicap, Waterfall Bay Handicap, Hanshin Daishoten, Hong Kong Derby, Essex Handicap, Irish O'Brien, Caesar's Wish, Private Terms, and more.
Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
Maryland native Richard “Dickie” Small lived life to the fullest and remained sharp as ever until his death on April 4, 2014 – with an uncanny eye for talented runners and a storyteller’s gift for weaving together the threads of his fantastic past.
Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Concern, top 1980s handicap star Broad Brush, and many other stakes winners, died April 4 at his home in Monkton, Md.
He Loves Me tracked undefeated Plata to the top of the lane before muscling her way to the lead and going on to victory in the $75,000 Caesar's Wish Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun