How did the New York Racing Association choose the name Cab Calloway for one of the divisions of its Saratoga stakes for New York stallion-sired horses?
Holly Rincon's Remarkable News took the lead at the start of the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) and never looked back, notching a convincing victory while leaving the 3-5 favorite Artie Schiller a well-beaten fourth at Saratoga Sunday.
Henry C. Gregory's Gold and Roses pulled away from the front-running favorite Galloping Grocer on a sealed, sloppy main track at Saratoga Race Course Wednesday under jockey Edgar Prado for a 6 ¾-length victory in the $250,000 Cab Calloway Division of the New York Stallion Series.
Shine Again, who has grinded her way to earnings of more than $1 million in 29 starts, gets some respect Sunday as the favorite in Belmont Park's $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II). The Vagrancy tops a card that includes a pair of New York Stallion series stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes