How did the New York Racing Association choose the name Cab Calloway for one of the divisions of its Saratoga stakes for New York stallion-sired horses?
Holly Rincon's Remarkable News took the lead at the start of the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) and never looked back, notching a convincing victory while leaving the 3-5 favorite Artie Schiller a well-beaten fourth at Saratoga Sunday.
Henry C. Gregory's Gold and Roses pulled away from the front-running favorite Galloping Grocer on a sealed, sloppy main track at Saratoga Race Course Wednesday under jockey Edgar Prado for a 6 ¾-length victory in the $250,000 Cab Calloway Division of the New York Stallion Series.
Shine Again, who has grinded her way to earnings of more than $1 million in 29 starts, gets some respect Sunday as the favorite in Belmont Park's $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II). The Vagrancy tops a card that includes a pair of New York Stallion series stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe