Kettle Corn came from off the pace to win the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. III), spoiling the return of Paynter to graded stakes competition July 27 at Del Mar.
John Sadler, who guided Switch through a career in which she earned more than $1.4 million, was proud as a peacock when the Quiet American mare was sold Nov. 5 at the Fasig-Tipson select mixed sale for $4.3 million.
In what was a pivotal race for her, favored Switch rallied in deep stretch on the outside to capture the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls