Kettle Corn came from off the pace to win the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. III), spoiling the return of Paynter to graded stakes competition July 27 at Del Mar.
John Sadler, who guided Switch through a career in which she earned more than $1.4 million, was proud as a peacock when the Quiet American mare was sold Nov. 5 at the Fasig-Tipson select mixed sale for $4.3 million.
In what was a pivotal race for her, favored Switch rallied in deep stretch on the outside to capture the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry