Dr. C. Lynwood O'Cain, his wife, Suzie, and partner, Rick Burke will open their new stallion complex, Saratoga Stud near Saratoga Springs, N.Y., to visitors Jan. 25-26, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The new stallion complex near Saratoga Race Course will be run by Dr. C. Lynwood and Suzie O'Cain, who formerly ran Highcliff Stallions.
Highcliff Stallions in New York has moved its six stallions to McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds for the 2013 season.
Dr. C. Lynwood O'Cain and his wife, Suzie, announced July 20 that the Highcliff Farm stallions, broodmares, foals, yearlings, and lay-ups have moved to Mill Creek Farm in Stillwater, N.Y.
Carl Lizza, one of the leading owners on the New York Racing Association circuit for many years, died early in the morning July 8 at his home in Rockaway, N.J. He was 73.
Citing "overwhelming demand from New York breeders," Ramsey Farm-owned Catienus will stand again in the Empire State for the 2006 breeding season. The son of Storm Cat out of Diamond City (by Mr. Prospector) will stand at Highcliff Farm for $6,500 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30