Godolphin Racing's Maftool outfought Mubtaahij through the straight to prevail by a head in the $250,000 UAE 2000 Guineas Sponsored by Al Tayer Motors (UAE-III) on the night of Feb. 12 at Meydan Racecourse.
A little sharper in his second start of the season, Noble's Promise returned to Churchill Downs to post a hard-fought win in the $110,300 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) June 4.
Overwhelming 1-5 choice Informed Decision narrowly avoided an upset when she outfought 33-1 shot Rinterval in the final furlong to win the Chicago Handicap (gr. III) by a head July 4 at Arlington Park.
Noble's Promise took over on the second turn, opened up a commanding lead in the stretch, and held off Aikenite by a half-length to pull a 12-1 upset in the $500,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Odds-on choice Informed Decision improved to five-for-five on synthetic tracks and cemented her position as a leading candidate for the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint when she sailed to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $398,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters (gr. III) in Erie, Pa., on the evening of Sept. 12.
George Strawbridge Jr.'s Informed Decision took advantage of blazing fractions in the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run Stakes (gr. II), as the 3-year-old Monarchos filly came from off the pace, took control in mid-stretch and drew away to win by 4 1/4 lengths under John Velazquez while setting a new course record on the Keeneland Polytrack Oct. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Look Back: Shuvee Completes a Filly Triple Crown
- Leatherbury, Maryland Racing Mourn Ben's Cat
- Dickinson, Lady Eli to Meet Again in Diana
- Ky. HBPA Teams with Ellis for 'College Day'
- Biancone Moves Closer to Kentucky Reinstatement
- Direct Dial, Admiral Jimmy Vie Again in Sanford
- Ana O'Brien Sidelined Until November