World traveler Gordon Lord Byron squeezed through a narrow gap nearing the finish line for a stunning win in the QIPCO British Champions Sprint Stakes (Eng-II) Oct. 18 at Ascot.
Gordon Lord Byron hit the front a quarter mile out and put daylight between himself and 12 rivals for a brilliant win in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 7 at Haydock.
Teamed with Gary Stevens for the first time, stalking Byrama drew off in the stretch to become a grade I winner in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap June 15 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Gordon Lord Byron registered his first group victory when he swept to the lead deep in the straight for William Buick and held on well in the Qatar Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) over heavy turf at Longchamp Oct. 7.
Trade stepped up a gear on day two of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland. The average price was down only 10% from the corresponding session a year ago.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Haafhd, winner of the English Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) last month, heads a field of 11 entered for the St. James's Palace Stakes during opening day at Royal Ascot on Tuesday.
American Post won the French 2,000 Guineas (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp, taking advantage of the bad luck suffered by Antonius Pius 75 yards from the finish in a most unusual conclusion.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride