Buzzword completed a superb weekend of racing for Godolphin when he captured the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg July 18.
St Nicholas Abbey, one of three to be saddled by by Aidan O'Brien, heads a field of 19 declared for the first European Classic of the season, the StanJames.com Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on May 1.
With his versatility and powerful turn of foot, Interactif, a homebred son of Broken Vow trained by Todd Pletcher, certainly looms large in the one-mile contest. But anything can happen amongst inexperienced 2-year-olds and there are several starters that look intriguing -- some of them that could be big prices on the tote board.
As expected, Wertheimer and Frere's homebred Interactif was made the favorite for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT). The son of Broken Vow, 4-1 on the morning-line, will face 11 rivals in the one-mile race Nov. 7 at Santa Anita.
The Henry Cecil-trained Twice Over captured the final European leg of the Breeders' Cup Challenge on Champions' Day at Newmarket on Oct. 17, winning the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I)and earning a possible berth in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues