Already facing charges for allegedly carrying an electrical device during a winning ride in a stakes in January, jockey Roman Chapa is now accused of the same violation in the same race with the same horse in 2014.
Texas Racing Commission executive director Chuck Trout has imposed a $100,000 fine on jockey Roman Chapa, who was initially fined $25,000 and suspended five years after it was determined he carried an electrical device.
"Now, more than ever, we as track operators, horsemen, and regulators must come together to do everything we can to prevent any abuse of our Thoroughbred athletes," Stronach said.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet