Buster's Ready, a 3-year-old grade I-winning daughter of More Than Ready, fetched $2.4 million, the top price thus far at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 7.
It drew only six, but the lucrative Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) from Parx Racing lured three of the top-ranked sophomore fillies in the nation -- each of them grade I winners.
Godolphin Racing's It's Tricky recorded her second straight grade I victory when she outdueled Plum Pretty and defeated an all-star cast in the $250,000 TVG Coaching Club American Oaks July 23 at Saratoga.
It drew a short field, but the $250,000 TVG Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) July 23 at Saratoga features five of the best 3-year-old fillies in the nation in a race that could go a long way in deciding divisional honors.
The catalog for the Edward P. Evans Estate's complete dispersal is available online at Keeneland's website.
Buster's Ready took over at the top of the lane and emphatically repelled the bids of her rivals, including odds-on favorite Joyful Victory, to score the $250,000 Mother Goose (gr. I) June 25 at Belmont Park.
After Plum Pretty and Royal Delta were taken out of consideration for the $250,000 Mother Goose (gr. I), Joyful Victory is the lone standout in the race for 3-year-old fillies June 25 at Belmont Park.
Sidney's Candy turned in his first official workout since being acquired by WinStar Farm and transferred to the barn of Todd Pletcher, breezing four furlongs June 19 at Belmont Park.
Making only the fourth start of her career, Royal Delta took over just beyond the quarter pole and held off Buster's Ready in the stretch to score in the Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) May 20 at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win