Ft. Lauderdale, La Canada, Hal's Hope, Marshua's River, Megahertz, Toboggan, Busanda, Smarty Jones, Pippin, Fifth Season, Choi Wan Handicap, Kai Yip Handicap, Long Valley Handicap, Beas River Handicap, Pearce Memorial Challenge Cup, and more.
Busanda is remembered as the dam of 1966 Horse of the Year Buckpasser, a four-time champion broodmare sire whose name is a familiar presence in pedigrees.
Buckpasser is one of the most revered names in American racing and breeding. Besides being a beloved racehorse, his influence on the breed has been enormous.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Silver Charm has not been as dazzling a sire as he was a racehorse. Still, the son of Silver Buck is proving he can produce top-notch runners, such as Rampart Handicap (gr. II) winner Spring Waltz. The 4-year-old filly is apparently drawing her racing prowess from the same genetic well as her sire -- inbreeding to the great mare La Troienne.
Amazing Buy made owner Ernie Paragallo look good Sunday when she won the $80,550 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct in her first race against winners and over a route of ground.
Fond leads a field of 11 in Sunday's $75,000 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct at one mile and 70 yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride