There is no need to fear or panic...well, maybe just a little need, as the arriving shipment of overseas horses to the now infamous Eastern Creek Quarantine facility in Sydney revealed a health risk Sept. 24.
Traffic was tight in the stretch run of the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) but Gary Tanaka's Brazilian-bred Pellegrino found plenty of room along the inside with Gary Stevens aboard to spring a 10-1 surprise Saturday.
Argentine star Freddy will probably make his United States debut in the $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) on closing day July 18 at Hollywood Park, trainer Donald Burke II said Sunday after the 5-year-old horse worked on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles