There is no need to fear or panic...well, maybe just a little need, as the arriving shipment of overseas horses to the now infamous Eastern Creek Quarantine facility in Sydney revealed a health risk Sept. 24.
Traffic was tight in the stretch run of the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) but Gary Tanaka's Brazilian-bred Pellegrino found plenty of room along the inside with Gary Stevens aboard to spring a 10-1 surprise Saturday.
Argentine star Freddy will probably make his United States debut in the $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) on closing day July 18 at Hollywood Park, trainer Donald Burke II said Sunday after the 5-year-old horse worked on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile