Take a look around your barn, what do you see? Horses in their half-mucked stalls with straw or shavings and a wheelbarrow and pitchfork right outside; the tractor running at the barn door; hay bales piled outside stalls and at the end of the shedrow; a fan on the floor; piles of blankets, coolers, slinkies, bandages, and wraps; dusty shelves covered with...
As one calendar year draws to a close and another begins, many people resolve to take steps to improve their lives. And while the wisdom of some resolutions remains questionable—such as paying off your credit card in full every month … with another credit card—others likely do have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
As social relationships between horses become a greater equine welfare focus, scientists are seeking ways to allow social interactions for animals housed in traditionally isolating box stall settings. But don't tear your barn and stalls down just yet: French researchers recently tested another solution—windows between stalls—with positive ...
The benefit of horse housing might be obvious during cold winter months, but what about during sun-filled summer days?
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Original Arrogate Had Major Impact at Del Mar
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team