Take a look around your barn, what do you see? Horses in their half-mucked stalls with straw or shavings and a wheelbarrow and pitchfork right outside; the tractor running at the barn door; hay bales piled outside stalls and at the end of the shedrow; a fan on the floor; piles of blankets, coolers, slinkies, bandages, and wraps; dusty shelves covered with...
As one calendar year draws to a close and another begins, many people resolve to take steps to improve their lives. And while the wisdom of some resolutions remains questionable—such as paying off your credit card in full every month … with another credit card—others likely do have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
As social relationships between horses become a greater equine welfare focus, scientists are seeking ways to allow social interactions for animals housed in traditionally isolating box stall settings. But don't tear your barn and stalls down just yet: French researchers recently tested another solution—windows between stalls—with positive ...
The benefit of horse housing might be obvious during cold winter months, but what about during sun-filled summer days?
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom