The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Wednesday that television viewership for the first four shows of its "Road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships -- Powered by Dodge" was up 45% over last year's numbers.
Jockey Kieren Fallon won his second straight Budweiser Irish Derby, riding 9-2 favorite Dylan Thomas to a 3 1/2 -length victory at the Curragh Sunday.
Michael Kinane gets 'The Gorilla' off his back; wins first Irish Derby with Epsom Derby winner Galileo
King's Best is recovering satisfactorily after surgery performed Monday on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner King's Best underwent surgery on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Sinndar won his second straight classic and a $1-million bonus by winning the Budweiser Irish Derby by nine lengths at the Curragh Sunday.
French Derby winner Holding Court and Vodafone Epsom Derby winner Sinndar are in line for a $1-million bonus should either emerge victorious in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby at the Curragh Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby