The 3-year-old son of Hat Trick returns to the seaside track July 15 on opening day with a drop in class to the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes, but will face a loaded field as he seeks a return to the winner's circle.
Dressed in Hermes rallied down the center of the Del Mar turf course and overtook front-runner Collected to win the $100,000 Cecil B. DeMille Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds Nov. 29.
California-bred Tiznow proved a drawing card at the Barretts California Cup Yearling Sale Oct. 5. The stallion's only offspring in the catalog, a California-bred daughter of the Lion Hearted mare Storm Hearted, topped the sale at $120,000.
Tasha's Miracle, a graded stakes winner both years she raced, has been retired from racing because of an ankle injury.
Favored Tasha's Miracle nipped Gorgeous Goose by a nose in Oak Tree's $106,100 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT), snapping a seven-race losing streak in game fashion at Santa Anita turf Park Oct. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm