The 3-year-old son of Hat Trick returns to the seaside track July 15 on opening day with a drop in class to the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes, but will face a loaded field as he seeks a return to the winner's circle.
Dressed in Hermes rallied down the center of the Del Mar turf course and overtook front-runner Collected to win the $100,000 Cecil B. DeMille Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds Nov. 29.
California-bred Tiznow proved a drawing card at the Barretts California Cup Yearling Sale Oct. 5. The stallion's only offspring in the catalog, a California-bred daughter of the Lion Hearted mare Storm Hearted, topped the sale at $120,000.
Tasha's Miracle, a graded stakes winner both years she raced, has been retired from racing because of an ankle injury.
Favored Tasha's Miracle nipped Gorgeous Goose by a nose in Oak Tree's $106,100 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT), snapping a seven-race losing streak in game fashion at Santa Anita turf Park Oct. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling