The $250,000 Presque Isle Mile Sept. 13 has brought out an overflow field, led by the Phipps Stable's homebred Vacation.
While unable to deliver in his last two tries as the favorite, Pyro is sure to once again be the horse to beat when he goes to the post in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 4.
Tizdejavu, the 21-1 upset winner of the American Turf (gr. IIIT) last month, seeks a repeat of that big front-running effort in the $200,000 Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. IIT) June 14 over the same Churchill Downs turf course.
Prussian will face eight rivals April 4 when he makes his 2008 debut in the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds, the opening day feature of the 16-day spring meet at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes