The $250,000 Presque Isle Mile Sept. 13 has brought out an overflow field, led by the Phipps Stable's homebred Vacation.
While unable to deliver in his last two tries as the favorite, Pyro is sure to once again be the horse to beat when he goes to the post in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 4.
Tizdejavu, the 21-1 upset winner of the American Turf (gr. IIIT) last month, seeks a repeat of that big front-running effort in the $200,000 Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. IIT) June 14 over the same Churchill Downs turf course.
Prussian will face eight rivals April 4 when he makes his 2008 debut in the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds, the opening day feature of the 16-day spring meet at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- HRRN Plans Coverage of Florida Derby, Louisiana Derby
- First International Aftercare Forum May 17-18
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue