The essays of Heywood Hale Broun, a colorful voice of the Triple Crown for CBS, are coming back to television in a new 13-week series called Woodie's World on ESPN Classic, debuting Oct. 31 at 7 p.m.
By Bud Lamoreaux -- It's time to start the drums rolling for the most memorable broadcaster ever to do a Triple Crown race, the late Heywood Hale Broun. Surely there is a place for a shrine to him, be it Churchill Downs, Keeneland, or Saratoga.
By Bud Lamoreaux -- A few years ago, Heywood Hale Broun sent a pamphlet to his friends entitled Remember Me. It was, of course, a brilliant essay about life being too fast and people being caught up in personal success rather than good deeds.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day