The essays of Heywood Hale Broun, a colorful voice of the Triple Crown for CBS, are coming back to television in a new 13-week series called Woodie's World on ESPN Classic, debuting Oct. 31 at 7 p.m.
By Bud Lamoreaux -- It's time to start the drums rolling for the most memorable broadcaster ever to do a Triple Crown race, the late Heywood Hale Broun. Surely there is a place for a shrine to him, be it Churchill Downs, Keeneland, or Saratoga.
By Bud Lamoreaux -- A few years ago, Heywood Hale Broun sent a pamphlet to his friends entitled Remember Me. It was, of course, a brilliant essay about life being too fast and people being caught up in personal success rather than good deeds.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture