Acceptance remained unbeaten in three starts with a three-length victory as the 3-10 favorite in the $200,000 King Glorious Stakes for California-bred 2-year-olds at Los Alamitos Race Course Dec. 14.
Eclipse winner and California-bred Horse of the Year Acclamation has been retired and will stand the 2013 breeding season at Old English Rancho in Sanger, Calif. for a $20,000 fee.
Acclamation, last year's champion old horse, made his long-awaited return to action with a front-running victory in the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) at Betfair Hollywood Park June 9.
Favored Norvsky, ridden by a red-hot Rafael Bejarano, flew home in the final 100 yards to nab pacesetter Lucky Primo just before the wire to win the $175,000 California Cup Classic at Santa Anita Park Oct. 29.
Odds-on choice Acclamation continued his dominance over the Southern California turf division when he held off a determined Champ Pegasus in the $150,000 Clement L. Hirsch Turf Championship (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Oct. 2.
Acclamation, with a patented front-running ride from veteran jockey Patrick Valenzuela, held off favored Twirling Candy in the final furlong to win the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) by a head at Del Mar Aug. 28.
Acclamation made it consecutive grade I wins when he milked a soft pace and kicked away on the final turn en route to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf at Del Mar July 23.
Front-running Acclamation ran away from the field in the Hollywood Park stretch to register a repeat victory as the odds-on favorite in the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) June 11.
Acclamation, easy winner of the Jim Murray Memorial Handicap on May 15, drops back in distance when he faces 11 opponents in the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on June 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Pletcher Duo Stands Out in Poseidon Handicap