A memorial service for Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, the longtime director of horsemen's relations and the unofficial "Mayor of the Backside" at Churchill Downs will be held at the track Wednesday, Dec. 28.
Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, Churchill Downs' Director of Horsemen's Relations long known as the "Mayor of the Backside" at the home of the Kentucky Derby, died Dec. 21 of complications from injuries suffered in a fall
The world of fashion will be turned on its ear at Churchill Downs Sept. 13, as the official logo for Kentucky Derby 133 is unveiled.
Churchill Downs has launched its first-ever "Speakers Bureau" to make representatives from all areas of the historic track available for participation in events and gatherings sponsored by business, community, and social groups.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night