A memorial service for Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, the longtime director of horsemen's relations and the unofficial "Mayor of the Backside" at Churchill Downs will be held at the track Wednesday, Dec. 28.
Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, Churchill Downs' Director of Horsemen's Relations long known as the "Mayor of the Backside" at the home of the Kentucky Derby, died Dec. 21 of complications from injuries suffered in a fall
The world of fashion will be turned on its ear at Churchill Downs Sept. 13, as the official logo for Kentucky Derby 133 is unveiled.
Churchill Downs has launched its first-ever "Speakers Bureau" to make representatives from all areas of the historic track available for participation in events and gatherings sponsored by business, community, and social groups.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004