The schedule shifts September racing dates from Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky to Churchill in Louisville. February will offer just four race dates in the state, at Turfway Park.
Speaking at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at Keeneland, Mary Scollay, DVM, presented a 10-year study that indicated positive trends for pre-race exams in Florida.
Jockey Matthew Straight was "awake and responsive, and complaining of left shoulder pain," according to Keeneland medical director Dr. Barry Schumer following a
The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance Professional Education Seminar will be held Tuesday, Oct. 19, at Keeneland.
With all of the major contenders for today's Breeders' Cup World Championships went to the Santa Anita track early to stretch their legs, D' Funnybone, breezed two furlongs in :24 2/5 under the watchful eye of trainer Richard Dutrow.
Stormalory, a 3-year-old colt, was euthanized after breaking down during the Crown Royal American Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 1.
After going a month with no fatalities, Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky was the site of five catastrophic injuries during an eight-day period in February, according to state veterinarian Dr. Bryce Peckham.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones