Turkish Tryst, dam of grade I winner Hard Spun, died May 1 at age 19 in Kentucky.
La Affirmed, a pensioned graded stakes producer for Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Farm, was euthanized May 21 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Elizabeth Moran's grade I winner Mushka has been retired from racing because of an ankle issue and booked to Distorted Humor.
Market Booster, an Irish and German champion, has been retired as a broodmare by her owner, Elizabeth Moran.
Ishiguru, whose son Ferneley won the Aug. 29 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), was euthanized Sept. 17 following complications arising from a knee injury.
Capitano, a multiple stakes winner by Belong to Me, has been retired from racing and will enter stud in 2009 at Vince Tucciarone's Fox Tale Stud near Coopersburg, Pa.
Grade I winner High Yield, who stood at several locales before ending up in France at Alain Regnier's Haras de la Haie Neuve near Mondevert, has died.
Born a Lady, Northern Dancer's half-sister and the last foal produced from the Native Dancer mare Natalma, was euthanized Aug. 13 because of colic.
Scoop the Gold, a stakes winner and dam of millionaire High Yield, died April 17 because of a ruptured aorta.
Crème Fraiche, who won the 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and retired as one of racing's richest runners, was euthanized Oct. 9 at Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable near Malvern, Pa.
They saved the best for last during Monday's opening session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale, as two of the day's top prices came in the waning moments of the day. In the end, Brushwood Stable's Elizabeth Moran went away with the top prize, purchasing the dam of grade I winner A P Valentine for $4-million.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid