More than 20% of the horses in Barretts' March 2-year-old sale catalog have gone through a yearling sale for six figures. That could indicate strength in the company's first select juvenile auction at Del Mar March 30.
With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
The strapping gray colt sold at the Barretts select 2-year-old sale March 4. Hip 67 was sold by Bruno DeBerdt's Excel Bloodstock as agent.
California-based stallions Souvenir Copy and High Demand have been sold to Nizar Anwar Abul Jadayel of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Souvenir Copy will be shipped later this year to stand in Saudi Arabia, while plans for High Demand, who could remain in the United States, have not yet been finalized.
California bloodstock agent Bruno DeBerdt and Florida pinhooker and former jockey Rudy Delguidice Jr. have formed a new venture, Excel Bloodstock.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut