More than 20% of the horses in Barretts' March 2-year-old sale catalog have gone through a yearling sale for six figures. That could indicate strength in the company's first select juvenile auction at Del Mar March 30.
With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
The strapping gray colt sold at the Barretts select 2-year-old sale March 4. Hip 67 was sold by Bruno DeBerdt's Excel Bloodstock as agent.
California-based stallions Souvenir Copy and High Demand have been sold to Nizar Anwar Abul Jadayel of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Souvenir Copy will be shipped later this year to stand in Saudi Arabia, while plans for High Demand, who could remain in the United States, have not yet been finalized.
California bloodstock agent Bruno DeBerdt and Florida pinhooker and former jockey Rudy Delguidice Jr. have formed a new venture, Excel Bloodstock.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne