More than 20% of the horses in Barretts' March 2-year-old sale catalog have gone through a yearling sale for six figures. That could indicate strength in the company's first select juvenile auction at Del Mar March 30.
With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
The strapping gray colt sold at the Barretts select 2-year-old sale March 4. Hip 67 was sold by Bruno DeBerdt's Excel Bloodstock as agent.
California-based stallions Souvenir Copy and High Demand have been sold to Nizar Anwar Abul Jadayel of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Souvenir Copy will be shipped later this year to stand in Saudi Arabia, while plans for High Demand, who could remain in the United States, have not yet been finalized.
California bloodstock agent Bruno DeBerdt and Florida pinhooker and former jockey Rudy Delguidice Jr. have formed a new venture, Excel Bloodstock.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival