A study on the effects of caterpillars points to the insects themselves, not their waste, as the cause of early fetal loss...Preliminary survey results show 8% loss of 2003 crop.
Early test results of a University of Kentucky College of Agriculture study appear to show a correlation between eastern tent caterpillars, their waste--called frass--and foal loss in mares exposed to both.
Most Popular Stories
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin