Favored Big Cazanova won for the third time in as many tries over the Del Mar Polytrack with a front-running 3 1/4-length score in the $200,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 29.
Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek, who blew away the field by 6 3/4 lengths in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational Stakes (gr. I) in his most recent start, has been sold to an undisclosed buyer overseas.
Ron the Greek picked a perfect time to snap out of a lengthy slump when he demolished the field in the $1 million Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) in a 21-1 upset Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek registered his first published work since a runner-up finish in the Aug. 24 Whitney Invitational, breezing four furlongs in :49.95 on the Oklahoma Training Track Aug. 31.
Ron the Greek, charging through the stretch along the inside, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Wise Dan at the wire in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) under the lights at Churchill Downs June 16.
Al Khali finally got loose in mid-stretch and ran down odds-on favorite Winchester in the final yards to win the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 11 at Belmont Park.
It took Al Khali five tries, but he finally got his graded stakes score Sept. 6 at Saratoga, running down the two pacesetters in mid-stretch and taking the $107,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Owner/Breeder Lindh Dies at 84
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014