Lemon Drop Dream, tracking a blistering pace into the stretch, charged home to register a well-timed victory in the $294,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) in his graded stakes debut April 10 at Oaklawn Park.
Phipps Stable's homebred Boisterous never stopped charging and finally overtook Sleepless Knight in the final 40 yards to win the $100,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a half-length Oct. 15 at Belmont Park.
A new jockey, an equipment change and a first start on the main track all added up to the initial stakes victory for Juniper Pass in the off-the-turf San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. III) at rain-soaked Santa Anita March 20.
Watch Me Go, sent off at odds of 43-1, outdueled 86-1 longshot Crimson Knight by a neck to post a shocking upset in the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) March 12 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga