The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association July 15 said it continues to work on restoring payments for breeder and stallion awards after corrective language failed to win approval before the state General Assembly adjourned.
The head of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association July 1 said legislation that would alter the Thoroughbred breeding fund isn't workable because the proposed percentages could greatly reduce restricted races and owners' bonuses.
Horsemen owed $2.2 million in purses and owner rewards and an unknown amount from claiming transactions from the Presque Isle Downs meeting completed Sept. 25 are awaiting checks and looking for answers.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association (PHBA) has added three additional stakes for state-breds to the 2014 race schedule, the group announced Aug. 12.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association said it expects purse money for Pennsylvania-bred racehorses to increase this year.
John B. "Jeb" Hannum III has been named executive secretary of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association by the organization's president Brian Sanfratello. Hannum succeeds Mark McDermott, who retired earlier this month.
Mark McDermott will retire June 1 after 35 years as executive secretary of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership