The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association July 15 said it continues to work on restoring payments for breeder and stallion awards after corrective language failed to win approval before the state General Assembly adjourned.
The head of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association July 1 said legislation that would alter the Thoroughbred breeding fund isn't workable because the proposed percentages could greatly reduce restricted races and owners' bonuses.
Horsemen owed $2.2 million in purses and owner rewards and an unknown amount from claiming transactions from the Presque Isle Downs meeting completed Sept. 25 are awaiting checks and looking for answers.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association (PHBA) has added three additional stakes for state-breds to the 2014 race schedule, the group announced Aug. 12.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association said it expects purse money for Pennsylvania-bred racehorses to increase this year.
John B. "Jeb" Hannum III has been named executive secretary of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association by the organization's president Brian Sanfratello. Hannum succeeds Mark McDermott, who retired earlier this month.
Mark McDermott will retire June 1 after 35 years as executive secretary of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS