Craig Fravel, president and CEO of Breeders' Cup Limited, kicked off an Asian Racing Conference seminar on 'big events' May 8 in Hong Kong by taking credit for the idea. read blog
Brian Kavanagh, chairman of the European Pattern Committee, called for international uniform medication rules during an address at the Asian Racing Conference in Hong Kong May 6.
Thoroughbred breeding and racing in Ireland saw mostly positive economic indicators during the 2013 season, according to Horse Racing Ireland.
- By Tom LaMarra
Ireland is the latest example of no matter how global horse racing says it wants to be, you have to start at home. read blog
Track executives will share their perspectives on Thoroughbred racing in North America when they deliver keynote presentations at 61st annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing Aug. 11.
While most of the key economic indicators within the Irish racing industry fell in 2010, the annual report from Horse Racing Ireland shows favorable trends within racecourse attendance and bloodstock sales.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I victories in 2009 dominated European racing, was a unanimous selection as Ireland's Horse of the Year and followed his previous award as Cartier Horse of the Year for all of Europe.
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities executive council elected the chairman and three vice chairmen for October 2009-October 2012 at a meeting in Paris March 31.
Attendance at Irish racecourses reached an all-time record of 1.43 million and the total value of bloodstock sales at public auction grew by 28.7% to €145.6 million in 2005, according to statistics released by Horse Racing Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount