The National HBPA Feb. 6 said it plans to help fund research to develop administration and testing guidelines that could be incorporated into the Controlled Therapeutic Medication Schedule.
Horsemen expect members of Congress to make another attempt at winning support for legislation that would regulate medication use in racehorses by banning all race-day administration.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has hired a Washington, D.C.-based firm to handle its legislative affairs given the organization is no longer a member of the NTRA.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale