The Name's Jimmy, who set a stakes record in the 1992 American Derby (gr. IIT), was euthanized March 7 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky. due to increasingly severe mobility issues.
A multiple grade II winner, the son of Smooth Jazz earned $1,117,200.
Millionaire Smooth Air, who won or placed in a dozen stakes as a homebred for Mount Joy Stables, has been retired from racing for stallion duty.
Grade I winner and Canadian champion Perfect Soul and grade II winner Saarland were represented by their first foals as stallions.
Predawn Raid was allowed to set a lonely pace and the Jorge Chavez-ridden gelding got brave in the stretch, stealing off to a 4 1/4-length victory at odds of 15-1 in the $100,000 Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance