Wandjina led throughout and hung on for a narrow win over late-running Alpine Eagle in the Australian Guineas (Aus-I) March 7 at Flemington.
Lucky Nine won the first half of an international group I double for Hong Kong when scoring a clear victory from Bel Sprinter the KrisFlyer International Sprint (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
Green Moon upstaged the two most recent winners of the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) when he captured this year's edition of "the race that stops a nation" Nov. 6 at Flemington Racecourse.
It was a win to savour. After 11 group placings without a win to show, Hong Kong-based English expatriate Cape Of Good Hope made it to the winner's circle and in a group I, no less.
French-bred Precision, using a powerful move down the center of the track, ran down star mare Elegant Fashion to register an upset in Sunday's $1,025,811 Hong Kong Champion & Chafer Cup (HK-I) at Sha tin Race Course.
Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory