Wandjina led throughout and hung on for a narrow win over late-running Alpine Eagle in the Australian Guineas (Aus-I) March 7 at Flemington.
Lucky Nine won the first half of an international group I double for Hong Kong when scoring a clear victory from Bel Sprinter the KrisFlyer International Sprint (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
Green Moon upstaged the two most recent winners of the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) when he captured this year's edition of "the race that stops a nation" Nov. 6 at Flemington Racecourse.
It was a win to savour. After 11 group placings without a win to show, Hong Kong-based English expatriate Cape Of Good Hope made it to the winner's circle and in a group I, no less.
French-bred Precision, using a powerful move down the center of the track, ran down star mare Elegant Fashion to register an upset in Sunday's $1,025,811 Hong Kong Champion & Chafer Cup (HK-I) at Sha tin Race Course.
Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates