Wandjina led throughout and hung on for a narrow win over late-running Alpine Eagle in the Australian Guineas (Aus-I) March 7 at Flemington.
Lucky Nine won the first half of an international group I double for Hong Kong when scoring a clear victory from Bel Sprinter the KrisFlyer International Sprint (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
Jockey Brett Prebble won the Kris Flyer International Sprint in Singapore.
Green Moon upstaged the two most recent winners of the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) when he captured this year's edition of "the race that stops a nation" Nov. 6 at Flemington Racecourse.
It was a win to savour. After 11 group placings without a win to show, Hong Kong-based English expatriate Cape Of Good Hope made it to the winner's circle and in a group I, no less.
French-bred Precision, using a powerful move down the center of the track, ran down star mare Elegant Fashion to register an upset in Sunday's $1,025,811 Hong Kong Champion & Chafer Cup (HK-I) at Sha tin Race Course.
Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival