Locally-based Louies Flower, overlooked at odds of 23-1, captured the $250,000 Remington Springboard Mile to earn his third consecutive win at Remington Park Dec. 15.
Gal About Town finished second best to Sign in the Oct. 28 Pocahontas (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, but trainer Bret Calhoun is hopeful she'll build off that effort and prove best in the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 24.
The first three finishers in the Silverbulletday Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots will square off again at the Louisiana track when they return for the Feb. 25 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III).
Brett Calhoun, who purchased Jody Slew after her third-place effort in the Carressing Handicap at Churchill Downs, said the filly just keeps improving.
New Zealand-bred Janeian took command near the eighth pole and easily held off the challenge of favored Katdogawn to win the $100,000-added Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby