Locally-based Louies Flower, overlooked at odds of 23-1, captured the $250,000 Remington Springboard Mile to earn his third consecutive win at Remington Park Dec. 15.
Gal About Town finished second best to Sign in the Oct. 28 Pocahontas (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, but trainer Bret Calhoun is hopeful she'll build off that effort and prove best in the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 24.
The first three finishers in the Silverbulletday Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots will square off again at the Louisiana track when they return for the Feb. 25 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III).
Brett Calhoun, who purchased Jody Slew after her third-place effort in the Carressing Handicap at Churchill Downs, said the filly just keeps improving.
New Zealand-bred Janeian took command near the eighth pole and easily held off the challenge of favored Katdogawn to win the $100,000-added Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes