Skipalute may still be a maiden, but in her last start she finished second to a champion and could be the one to beat in the $200,000 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 24 at Gulfstream Park.
A field of 11 will gather for the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) at Hawthorne Race Course Nov. 29, contesting the only graded stakes and open event of Hawthorne Race Course's fall stand.
Last the first time past the wire, Cary Street was first when it counted, taking the $200,000 Las Vegas Marathon (gr. II) easily over favored Irish Surf at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Cary Street, saving ground every step of the way under Miguel Mena, outlasted Ever Rider to spring a 28-1 surprise in the $200,000 Greenwood Cup (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the main track at Parx Racing Sept. 1.
For trainer Brendan Walsh, preparing his first Breeders' Cup starter in two years of training is a brand new world that could lead to the first graded stakes victory of his career coming on the sport's biggest stage.
Brendan Walsh, a former assistant to Eddie Kenneally, saddled his first winner as a trainer when Sandcastle won the fifth race March 2 at Gulfstream Park, a maiden special weight event.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland