"FanFest" is well underway in Grand Prairie, Texas as race fans gear up for the sold-out Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship Oct. 30. FanFest, presented by the Grand Prairie Breeders' Cup Committee and sanctioned by the Breeders' Cup, is a month-long event featuring celebrity appearances, musical performances, sporting events, and charity auctions surrounding daily racing at Lone Star Park.
Multiple grade II winner Katdogawn, getting ready for a possible start in the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT), worked five furlongs in :59 3/5 under jockey Kent Desormeaux at Santa Anita Wednesday morning.
Lone Star Park has moved the Jockey Championship from June to October, so this year the event will serve as a lead-in to the Breeders' Cup.
Breeders' Cup Limited filed a complaint in Los Angeles County Superior Court Oct. 3 seeking to restrain Jockeys International Management Group (JMG) from entering agreements for the display of advertising on jockeys apparel for the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races on Oct. 25 at Santa Anita.
Can't make it to Chicago? Many tracks around the country have special post times, handicapping seminars, and other events this Saturday.
Bob Kieckhefer -- Illinois racing. It's hard to figure out where to start thinking about the current state of affairs. Harder yet to figure out where things are going.
The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races will make their first appearance in the nation's third-largest market -- at Arlington Park, northwest of Chicago -- on Oct. 26, 2002. After months of complex negotiations, Breeders' Cup Limited, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Churchill Downs, Inc., parent company of Arlington, announced the deal Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby