Led by Triple Crown winner American Pharoah and two-time Breeders' Cup champion mare Beholder, 200 horses, including 32 from overseas, have been pre-entered for the 2015 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Pre-entries for all 13 Breeders' Cup World Championships races will close Monday, Oct. 20 at noon local time of the place of pre-entry, Breeders' Cup announced Oct. 16.
HRTV will give racing fans their first look at the horses pre-entered for the Breeders' Cup World Championships when it airs a special live Breeders' Cup Pre-Entry show from Santa Anita Park Oct. 22 at 11 a.m. ET.
The best of the best will be on display at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1-2, with the leading trainers in the United States and Europe pre-entering a star-studded array of talent for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Breeders' Cup announced Oct. 20 that the pre-entered fields for all 14 Breeders' Cup World Championships races will be released on Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 11 a.m. ET.
It is time to forget who is not running in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships and concentrate on the wealth of talent from both sides of the Atlantic that will be competing at Belmont Park Oct. 29.
When pre-entries closed Monday for the Oct. 27 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships, globe-trotting Godolphin Racing was represented by eight different entries, including two cross-entered for both the Classic and the Turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Owner Bryan Shares Credit for Exaggerator