The Breeders' Cup announced that the last opportunity to nominate weanlings of 2013 to the program for a one-time fee of $500 is 11:59 p.m. (ET) Tuesday, Oct. 15.
Officials of Breeders' Cup Limited announced Thursday that a record 16,183 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2005. The 16,183 foals by Breeders' Cup, European Breeders' Fund and Common Fund nominated stallions tops the old mark of 15,947 nominated foals in 2004.
A record 15,850 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2004, Breeders' Cup officials said Jan. 13.
The number of 2002 foals nominated to the Breeders' Cup program is down 8% from last year, largely due to mare reproductive loss syndrome, which resulted in the loss of nearly 20% of the pregnancies of Kentucky-based mares when it swept through the region in the spring of 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6