The Breeders' Cup announced the deadline for the early discount of $100 off the $500 price for a Breeders' Cup foal nomination is Thursday, Aug. 1.
The Breeders' Cup board of directors has again approved an early foal nomination deadline that allows for a $100 discount off the $500 nomination fee for all foals nominated electronically to the program by Aug. 1.
The deadline for Breeders' Cup foal nominators to receive the early discount of $100 off the $500 foal nomination fee is Monday, Aug. 1.
Questions and answers provided by Breeders' Cup Limited on changes to nominations.
In an effort to attract more horses, especially those from overseas, to participate in its World Championships, Breeders' Cup Limited is making major changes to its nominations programs.
The Breeders' Cup reports more than 4,300 foals have been nominated to the program during the online early nomination period, for which nominators receive a $100 discount off the $500 fee.
Breeders' Cup foal nominations rebounded in 2003 after two years of declines. A total of 14,927 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup in 2003, which marks a 7.3% increase from the previous year.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. said 13,846 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2002, an 8.3% decrease in nominated foals from 2001.
The number of 2002 foals nominated to the Breeders' Cup program is down 8% from last year, largely due to mare reproductive loss syndrome, which resulted in the loss of nearly 20% of the pregnancies of Kentucky-based mares when it swept through the region in the spring of 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees