Clover Towne Farm homebred Taptowne was scratched out of the Nov. 1 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park due to a bruised foot.
As she preps for her defense of the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) title she won last year, champion Groupie Doll put in her latest strong gallop at Santa Anita Park the morning of Oct. 31.
Sweet Lulu and Ismene, California-based distaffers seeking to dethrone champion Groupie Doll in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint, posted their final workouts Oct. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Kaleem Shah's Fed Biz worked four furlongs in a quick :46 3/5 to lead a bevy of Breeders' Cup World Championships contenders who were on the track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 27.
British classic winner Camelot has been retired due to an injury detected the morning of Oct. 14 and will be retired to stand at Coolmore Stud in 2014.
Already with no shortage of Breeders' Cup possibilities, Ken and Sarah Ramsey found another World Championships entrant Oct. 6 when favored Bobby's Kitten rolled to a 6 1/4-length victory in the Pilgrim Stakes.
John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile