Clover Towne Farm homebred Taptowne was scratched out of the Nov. 1 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park due to a bruised foot.
As she preps for her defense of the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) title she won last year, champion Groupie Doll put in her latest strong gallop at Santa Anita Park the morning of Oct. 31.
Sweet Lulu and Ismene, California-based distaffers seeking to dethrone champion Groupie Doll in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint, posted their final workouts Oct. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Kaleem Shah's Fed Biz worked four furlongs in a quick :46 3/5 to lead a bevy of Breeders' Cup World Championships contenders who were on the track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 27.
British classic winner Camelot has been retired due to an injury detected the morning of Oct. 14 and will be retired to stand at Coolmore Stud in 2014.
Already with no shortage of Breeders' Cup possibilities, Ken and Sarah Ramsey found another World Championships entrant Oct. 6 when favored Bobby's Kitten rolled to a 6 1/4-length victory in the Pilgrim Stakes.
John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm