Spendthrift Farm's Shakin It Up, winner of the Malibu (gr. I), Strub (gr. II), and San Vicente (gr. II) stakes, sired his first reported foal late Jan. 6, when a colt was born at Brandywine Farm in Paris, Ky.
Hampton Court, a track record-setting group I winner in Australia, will shuttle to Spendthrift Farm near Lexington to stand the 2016 breeding season.
Grade I winner and New York-based stallion Dublin gained his first winner July 12, when 2-year-old colt Dr Blarney scored by 3 1/2 lengths in his debut in the first race at Monmouth Park.
The first reported foal for Spendthrift Farm's Jimmy Creed, a grade I-winning son of Distorted Humor, is a filly born Jan. 17 in Wilmington, Ohio.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm now will be offering the "Breed Secure" program for nearly its entire roster of Kentucky-based stallions.
Spendthrift Farm is introducing its "Breed Secure" program to New York breeders in 2013 through its New York-based stallion Dublin, who is set to stand his second season at Keane Stud near Amenia.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion