Grade I winner and world record holder Red Giant was represented by his first winner the evening of Oct. 25 when Snow Leopard won a maiden special weight at Penn National Race Course.
The first reported foal by Peachtree Stable's world-record setter Red Giant is a filly born Jan. 30 at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La.
- By Claire Novak
Brazilian jockey Jorge Ricardo rode his 10,000th winner Jan. 9 at Hipodromo San Isidro in Buenos Aires, becoming the first rider in history to do so.
Arindel Farm's 2006 Eclipse champion 3-year-old filly Wait a While makes her anticipated return to competition as a heavy favorite in a field of eight older fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Claiborne Farm's Wend, owner of a five-race winning streak on the East Coast last year, returns to her Lexington home as the 5-2 morning line favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Jenny Wiley (gr. IIT) on the Keeneland turf.
J D Farm's homebred filly Dansetta Light turned in a gritty performance to win a blanket finish in Saturday's $100,000 Tropical Park Oaks by a neck over Dynamite Lass.
Rich in Spirit will bid to keep her perfect record on turf intact as the probable favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Tropical Park Oaks, a highlight of the $350,000 Grand Slam III program at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track