Itsmyluckyday was one of three top 3-year-olds trained by Eddie Plesa to work at Calder Casino & Race Course March 9, breezing an easy mile as he prepares for the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) March 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Bruce Chandler, Robert McKee and partners' Merit Man will be the horse to beat in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes for newly-turned 3-year-olds on the Gulfstream Park New Year's Day card.
My Pal Chrisy and Bad Debt were repeat winners in the Florida Million at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 10, while Cash Rules led all the way to capture the $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap.
Favored Brave Dave overcame a bad stumble at the start to register a front-running victory in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 2 at Monmouth Park.
Ten juveniles will go postward Sept. 2 in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park, where trainer Todd Pletcher has entered a trio of developing contenders.
Favored Bern Identity stalked a hot pace before sweeping to victory over front-running Handsome Jack in the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course July 22.
Among Todd Pletcher's top 2-year-olds this year are Rose Junction and Onetwentyeight, who headline the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) going six furlongs July 22 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases