Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners' Curalina, a two-time grade I winner this year, has been named the 2015 Aiken-trained horse of the year.
Darley America will no longer have a string at the Aiken Training Track near Aiken, S.C., and their operations there will shut down Sept. 1.
Godolphin-owned 2-year-olds by Central Kentucky sire Bernardini ruled divisions for maiden colts and maiden fillies March 14 at the 73rd Aiken Trials, an annual spring ritual for the more than seven decades in South Carolina.
Dogwood Stable's classic winner Palace Malice is in Aiken, S.C., to be prepared for a 2014 campaign that will likely start in the $400,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
When the working relationship between Dogwood Stable and Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners becomes an official merger July 1, Eclipse will take over all purchasing duties and management of the Eclipse-Dogwood stable.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis