Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners' Curalina, a two-time grade I winner this year, has been named the 2015 Aiken-trained horse of the year.
Darley America will no longer have a string at the Aiken Training Track near Aiken, S.C., and their operations there will shut down Sept. 1.
Godolphin-owned 2-year-olds by Central Kentucky sire Bernardini ruled divisions for maiden colts and maiden fillies March 14 at the 73rd Aiken Trials, an annual spring ritual for the more than seven decades in South Carolina.
Dogwood Stable's classic winner Palace Malice is in Aiken, S.C., to be prepared for a 2014 campaign that will likely start in the $400,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
When the working relationship between Dogwood Stable and Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners becomes an official merger July 1, Eclipse will take over all purchasing duties and management of the Eclipse-Dogwood stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin