Gov. Brad Henry signed a bill Wednesday to authorize a statewide vote Nov. 2 on whether to allow pari-mutuel horse racing tracks to operate electronic gambling machines now played only at Indian casinos.
A spokesman for Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry says the governor could sign the gaming bill on his desk by early next week.
The Oklahoma House narrowly approved a measure Feb. 26 that gives racetracks such as Remington Park the right to operate the same type of electronic games that Indian casinos do, and sent the bill to Gov. Brad Henry for his signature.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired