The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Two-day February sale is last opportunity to buy broodmare and broodmare prospects before the beginning of the breeding season and a solid marketplace for just-turned yearlings.
One day after a Preakness Stakes (gr. I) victory by Oxbow, the barn area at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium was flush with activity on the eve of Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale May 20-21.
- By Ron Mitchell
The lure for most owners is still a good colt, according to statistics, but two fillies topped the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury