The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Two-day February sale is last opportunity to buy broodmare and broodmare prospects before the beginning of the breeding season and a solid marketplace for just-turned yearlings.
One day after a Preakness Stakes (gr. I) victory by Oxbow, the barn area at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium was flush with activity on the eve of Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale May 20-21.
- By Ron Mitchell
The lure for most owners is still a good colt, according to statistics, but two fillies topped the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau