Retired jockey and trainer John Baboolal, of North Beach, Md., died at age 65 on Sept 11, said his wife, Barbara.
Mario Pino became the 15th jockey in North America to earn 6,000 wins Nov. 7 when he piloted Pass Play to victory in the seventh race at Laurel Park.
- By Tom Keyser
When the Maryland Racing Commission meets in late January, its executive director, Ken Schertle, won't be sitting at the head table -- for the first time in 16 years.
Chris McCarron rode his first winner at old Bowie Race Course in 1974, and on Saturday, he'll have a chance to ride the 7,000th winner of his career in Maryland during the "Spring Challenge" at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator