Retired jockey and trainer John Baboolal, of North Beach, Md., died at age 65 on Sept 11, said his wife, Barbara.
Mario Pino became the 15th jockey in North America to earn 6,000 wins Nov. 7 when he piloted Pass Play to victory in the seventh race at Laurel Park.
- By Tom Keyser
When the Maryland Racing Commission meets in late January, its executive director, Ken Schertle, won't be sitting at the head table -- for the first time in 16 years.
Chris McCarron rode his first winner at old Bowie Race Course in 1974, and on Saturday, he'll have a chance to ride the 7,000th winner of his career in Maryland during the "Spring Challenge" at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'