After cruising to victory in an allowance/optional claiming race May 2 at Belmont Park, stakes winner Ostrolenka appears ready to deliver a top effort in the $125,000 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-bred 3-year-olds May 25.
The classy sprinter La Verdad handled an increase in distance to take the Critical Eye Stakes, and 3-year-old filly Isabelle went wire-to-wire in the Bouwerie Stakes May 31 at Belmont Park on New York Showcase Day.
La Verdad seeks her first win beyond six furlongs as she heads a group of nine New York-bred fillies and mares in the $200,000 Critical Eye at one mile. Earlier on the card, Flipcup heads $125,000 Bouwerie.
Readtheprospectus made it six in a row by taking the Commentator Handicap, while Saginaw, Lovely Syn, Amberjack, Shakeira, Clear Pasaj, and King Kreesa were all winners on New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park.
New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park features eight stakes on a 10-race card restricted to New York-breds, with a variety of familiar contenders running for $850,000 in purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule