Pin Oak Stable rides a hot streak with two graded stakes winners this month, a $950,000 sale 2-year-old by sire Broken Vow, and general manager Clifford Barry-bred Florida Derby (gr. I) hopeful Itsaknockout.
After winning her first two starts by a combined 11 3/4 lengths, Michael Tabor's Sloane Square will try stakes company for the first time March 22 in the $125,000 Pure Romance Bourbonette Stakes (gr. III) at Turfway Park.
Turfway Park, which has again cut racing dates in the hope of increasing overnight purses when it reopens in late November, will offer a slimmed down stakes schedule for its holiday and winter/spring meets.
A field of at least 10, headed by Lori and George Hall's West Side Bernie, appears likely for the $500,000 Lane's End Stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park March 21.
Prepping toward a date in the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) Mt. Brilliant Farm's Dance Away Capote breezed a half-mile in :49 over the fast main track at Keeneland Friday morning.
Turfway Park's $150,000 Bourbonette Stakes on Saturday has a pair of class contenders among its six entrants: Class Above and Fond. The mile race for 3-year-old fillies will be run on the Lane's End Stakes undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- Taketheodds, Russell Road Win at Charles Town