Wicked Strong has deep roots in Boston yet has made his biggest score to date in New York, a feat he hopes to further when he tackles the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) as his owners help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
The Boston Marathon bombings last April were rated by many news organizations as the top story of 2013, and now the New England connections of two 3-year-old colts have named them in tribute to the victims.
Delaware Park has announced a policy that will greatly restrict what patrons can bring into "The Grove," its popular picnic area between the paddock and racetrack on the clubhouse turn.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees