Wicked Strong has deep roots in Boston yet has made his biggest score to date in New York, a feat he hopes to further when he tackles the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) as his owners help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
The Boston Marathon bombings last April were rated by many news organizations as the top story of 2013, and now the New England connections of two 3-year-old colts have named them in tribute to the victims.
Delaware Park has announced a policy that will greatly restrict what patrons can bring into "The Grove," its popular picnic area between the paddock and racetrack on the clubhouse turn.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile