Wicked Strong has deep roots in Boston yet has made his biggest score to date in New York, a feat he hopes to further when he tackles the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) as his owners help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
The Boston Marathon bombings last April were rated by many news organizations as the top story of 2013, and now the New England connections of two 3-year-old colts have named them in tribute to the victims.
Delaware Park has announced a policy that will greatly restrict what patrons can bring into "The Grove," its popular picnic area between the paddock and racetrack on the clubhouse turn.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino