B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Tapit's grade I-performing son Normandy Invasion, who will stand in 2016 at Keane Stud in Amenia, N.Y.
Normandy Invasion, a multiple graded stakes-placed son of Tapit, has been retired. He ran fourth in Orb's 2013 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Normandy Invasion, last seen finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned with a track record win in an allowance optional claiming race Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
Normandy Invasion has a running style that suggests the Derby distance will be no problem, but he has a pedigree that is ambiguous when it comes to stretching out to 10 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx