B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Tapit's grade I-performing son Normandy Invasion, who will stand in 2016 at Keane Stud in Amenia, N.Y.
Normandy Invasion, a multiple graded stakes-placed son of Tapit, has been retired. He ran fourth in Orb's 2013 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Normandy Invasion, last seen finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned with a track record win in an allowance optional claiming race Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
Normandy Invasion has a running style that suggests the Derby distance will be no problem, but he has a pedigree that is ambiguous when it comes to stretching out to 10 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017