B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Tapit's grade I-performing son Normandy Invasion, who will stand in 2016 at Keane Stud in Amenia, N.Y.
Normandy Invasion, a multiple graded stakes-placed son of Tapit, has been retired. He ran fourth in Orb's 2013 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Normandy Invasion, last seen finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned with a track record win in an allowance optional claiming race Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
Normandy Invasion has a running style that suggests the Derby distance will be no problem, but he has a pedigree that is ambiguous when it comes to stretching out to 10 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf