B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Tapit's grade I-performing son Normandy Invasion, who will stand in 2016 at Keane Stud in Amenia, N.Y.
Normandy Invasion, a multiple graded stakes-placed son of Tapit, has been retired. He ran fourth in Orb's 2013 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Normandy Invasion, last seen finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned with a track record win in an allowance optional claiming race Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
Normandy Invasion has a running style that suggests the Derby distance will be no problem, but he has a pedigree that is ambiguous when it comes to stretching out to 10 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes