B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Tapit's grade I-performing son Normandy Invasion, who will stand in 2016 at Keane Stud in Amenia, N.Y.
Normandy Invasion, a multiple graded stakes-placed son of Tapit, has been retired. He ran fourth in Orb's 2013 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Normandy Invasion, last seen finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned with a track record win in an allowance optional claiming race Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
Normandy Invasion has a running style that suggests the Derby distance will be no problem, but he has a pedigree that is ambiguous when it comes to stretching out to 10 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial